Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Things We....

The Things We....

See on the news.... This week in Calgary, Alberta there was a hit and run accident that involved multiple vehicles. The entire thing was caught on video tape which was given to the police, who were able to catch the driver, and it was put up on the internet by the photographer (for a short time). The entire incident caused quite a ruckus for the city and most of the province too.

In the movies... I went to see '300' this last week and I was pleasantly surprised. I usually don't like the 'ancient war/warrior' type movies such as 'Troy' or 'Alexander' but I liked this one. When I watched 'Troy' and 'Alexander' about the only thing that I did like were the actors (Brad Pitt and Colin Farrell and Angelina Jolie). In '300' the story was good, although somewhat predictable, the videography (is that a word?) was really good, the effects were well placed and appropriate, and the actors were perfectly cast. As I said I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did, for something to do, I'll post more specific comments and thoughts on this movie at a later time.

On TV... We've entered that spring lull before the May Sweeps where re-runs reign. I just want to point out that while not my favorite time of year, especially since I'm dying to know what's going to happen on my favorite show, I do enjoy watching the re-runs because nearly every episode of the shows I adore have parts that I could watch over and over again! But let me tell you, I can't wait for the sweeps to start, no matter that when the sweeps end the season is over. Ah, oh well, somethings are too good to last.

In Books... Books are on of my passions; I like movies, TV and other things, but books, ah sweet heaven, books are my love. To escape the everyday and become part of worlds that hold mystery, magic, danger, passion and love, it's something that not every one understands, but for those that do it's a wonderful world. You'll come to see, I'm sure that I can go for ever on this, my favorite subject, so for now that's all I'll say!

Do... Everyone is different, everyone is unique, everyone does different things that make them happy. Some days people are the same or share their passions. Other days we are all strangers. Most days we can't understand each other and sometimes we don't even try. Regardless, the things we say, do and believe they make us who we are and we are all special.

--LDFerris, March 2007--

No comments: