Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesdays Tunes: The Day Doesn't Die


“Forgive, forget. 
That's a lesson
That we haven’t learned yet.”

These are powerful words.  Whether you hear them in a song, read them in a book or see them in a movie or on TV, these are words that are going to make you think about… well, they’ll make you think about everything.  But what’s more than just the fact that they’ll make you think? 

They’ll make you remember.

There are lessons to be learned everywhere - in the supermarket, at the post office, at school and even standing on the sidewalk at the corner of a street.  Some of them you’re acutely aware of, others are completely subconscious.  I really like this song, because I think it’s sort of like one of those subconscious lessons… There’s a story to it, meaning, and without even realizing that you’re hearing it, you’re absorbing what it is that the song is trying to tell you.

And of course now you’re wondering right? What is the song trying to say?  And that’s the beauty of it.  It makes you think about the message that it’s portraying, but the most important message it tells you is something only you can know, and something you have to figure out.

After all, the thing you need to know most… well it’s that thing you “haven’t learned yet.”

So take a few minutes and listen to this great song... It's by Classified and it's aptly called "The Day Doesn't Die." 

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hello! (((((hugs)))))

It’s so awesome to visit your lovely blog today on this Halloween blog hop. I think this is an awesome opportunity to meet other authors! I’m joining your blog and I hope you’ll join mine, too, so we can learn more about one another.
My favorite monster movie is Night of the Living Dead and I’m dressing up as a mime. Mime is one of the most ancient forms of theatre, appearing around the time of the Greek tragedies. I hope to perfect the art and technique of portraying a mood, idea, or narration by gestures and bodily movements. The only problem is…that I have a big mouth! LOL. It’s so nice to meet you!

Chrissy

P.S. I’d love to connect with you online! My blog link is http://chrissypeebles.blogspot.com/. My Facebook link is: http://www.facebook.com/#!/chrissy.peebles1 My twitter link is: http://twitter.com/#!/ChrissyPeebles1

Sangu Mandanna said...

Ooooh good song!

Stopping by from the Halloween blog hop!

Lynn Hubbard said...

Halloween Hop!
Hi! The scariest book I've ever read was "IT". It reached deep into my subconsciousness and scared the heck out of me! For Halloween I'll be dragging out my Elmo snuggy for my couch potato costume.

~Lynn

Abby Fowers said...

Hello from the Halloween Hop! Its good to find your blog. :) I am a new follower. Have a great weekend.

Shelley Workinger said...

Happy Halloween Hop!
I, too, love the lyrics (often more than the music), which is why I can't listen to music with words while I'm writing - all those short but perfectly-worded thoughts and messages are too distracting from my own thoughts that far less perfect to begin with!