Friday, November 18, 2011

November Reading - Take One


            Holiday in Stone Creek
                        (Includes: A Stone Creek Christmas and
                        At Home in Stone Creek)

This was just a fun read for me.  I’m a big fan of Miller’s McKettrick series and while reading them, that series crossed over into the Stone Creek series with Meg McKettrick and Brad O’Ballivan.  Once I read their story and met Brad’s sisters, then I had to read the Stone Creek series – at least the newer, contemporary ones.  For those of you who are interested the contemporary O’Ballivan’s of Stone Creek also cross over with Miller’s Creed [Cowboy] series.  The Creed’s too are connected (as really distant cousins) to the McKettrick series but so far we’ve only seen them interacting with Meg McKettrick O’Ballivan. 

All of these series are nice reads – all three of these series now follow multiple generations of the families involved, which gives the reader a really good experience.  After all, how many times have you finished a book and thought to yourself “I wonder what happens next?” 

            Viscount Breckinridge to the Rescue [new]
            In Pursuit of Eliza Cynster [new]
            Devil’s Bride
            Rake’s Vow
            Scandal’s Bride
            Rogue’s Proposal
            A Secret Love
            All About Love

With the release of the new volumes in Stephanie Laurens’ Cynster series, I’ve found myself swept back into the Regency period in London and all that implies.  Keep an eye out for my next post where I’ll be introducing a new short discussion series about Laurens’ Cynsters, connections and the men and women who fall in love with them.  

1 comment:

Chrissy Peebles said...

Oh, this book looks like a lot of fun!!! I'll have to put this on my to-be-read list! Loved your thoughts on it.