Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Paranormal Reading in October


            A Hunger Like No Other
            No Rest for the Wicked
            Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night
            Dark Needs at Night’s Edge
            Dark Desires After Dusk
            Kiss of a Demon King
            Pleasure of a Dark Prince
            Demon From the Dark
            Dreams of a Dark Warrior
All these titles are part of the Immortals After Dark series.  There are a couple more titles that flush out the list but these are the 9 books from the series that I myself own.  It’s an amazing series.  Each of the stories are incredibly done and by themselves are great… Within the whole, and following the over-arching story line, they’re unbelievable- in all the best ways.  With Valykrie, Demons, Vampires, Werewolves, Shapeshifters, Witches, Sorceri and more, Kresley Cole has created a world of undeniably amazing characters, interesting plots complete with twists and turns, and through it all wonderful love stories.
            Dragon Bound
            Storm’s Heart
            Serpent’s Kiss


I found Dragon Bound awhile ago, shortly after it first came out I think.  From the moment I started reading I was falling in love with the world of the Elder Races that Harrison was creating.  I knew that I was going to have to keep my eyes open and watch for the books that would follow.  Recently I tracked down the second and third books and I’m still reeling. 

The world and Otherworld’s that Thea has used and created for this series is so colorful and rich, and the mythology that she’s incorporated into the story – without strictly using the mythology as a base – makes these stories just that much more interesting for me.  I really do recommend these books (and any more that might be slated to come out) to everyone who like reading paranormal/fantasy stories.  With dragons, gryphons, thunderbirds, Fae, elves, vampires, medusas, oracles, witches, ghouls, goblins, trolls and other fantastical and mythological creatures, these stories are stellar picks that I don’t think readers will be able to help but love.

            The Lord of the Wolfyn

Third in the Harlequin Royal House of Shadows series, Andersen tells a wonderful story about a lost prince transformed, a disheartened woman looking to belong, a kingdom in need of saving.  With Showalter, Monroe and Singh, the Royal House of Shadows series is becoming just as amazing as was advertised.  Which you know, is awesome and makes me impossibly happy.  As always I recommend the books in this series because they tell beautiful stories and I promise, you will not be disappointed.


Check back with me in a few days when I’ll be announcing the winner of the Halloween Blog Hop contest.  Have an awesome day and I hope that November is as friendly to us as October was.

No comments: