Tuesday, July 10, 2007

They Used To Be Comics and Action Figures


They used to be Comic book heroes and action figurines, now the Transformers are taking the world by storm in what I'd personally say is the best movie of 2007, so far. Since I'm a big Harry Potter fan and The Order of the Phoenix opens tomorrow there's no saying what I'll think of that or how I'll relate it to Transformers come Friday (I plan to see HP on Thursday!!).

I'm sure like most people I watched the Transformers on TV as a kid, I think I can even say that I read a couple of the actual comics, or looked at the pictures as the case may be, but I can't say that I was ever all that interested. Now, I'm not trying to suggest that I'm going to go Transformer mad and go out to buy comic books, action figures or other paraphernalia, though I have considered sheets and stickers for my son, but since seeing the movie on Saturday night I fully admit that I'm more curious about the story and where it might go from this point.




Which begs the question: is there going to be a Transformers 2? I don't know, honestly I haven't even looked around to find out what the buzz is on that topic, but I sort of hope that there will be. If there is a sequel than I hope that it will be as well done and to such a high caliber of effects and graphics as this one has been. Hollywood has had the unfortunate habit of making killer first movies and then following up with mediocre sequels lately (think Spiderman - loved the first one, thought the others were okay but that it could have, and should have been done SO much better than it was).



If my reaction to the movie wasn't apparent already than let me spell it out for you in the simplest way I can...

I LOVED TRANSFORMERS!!!!!

I loved the actors, hello:
Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Rachael Taylor. Of course I can't forget: Anthony Anderson, Jon Voight and John Turturro, because they truly were full of comic relief and stately seriousness. The line up of actors was just brilliant and there wasn't a single character for which I would have used a different actor, which is saying something because I usually find one character that I would have cast differently. I loved the personalities of the Auto-bots and even the Decepticons and was literally heartbroken when I thought that Bumble bee was going to die. (Yes I admit it, and I am not ashamed at all to say that I cried during Transformers!)



I honestly and whole heartedly loved everything about this movie... even the popcorn, junior mints and diet Coke that I had while watching it. I think I had the most fun and enjoyed this movie more than any other that I've seen in the last year or so, though I really liked 300 but that for entirely different reasons. ;)


Thats the end of my aimless ramblings for today... Until next time!!!!



Oh, PS... Just so you know, FYI and all, I will be posting my June reading list in the next 24-48 hours... I didn't forget:)

No comments: