Saturday, February 7, 2015

Oops I Did It Again

I'm not sure how it happened. Scratch that, how isn't the issue. Usually I try to restrain myself from touching any of my "big series" for re-reading until a time when I know I'll have a lot of free time to just spend reading. Sometimes that'll mean I won't even pick up other books (ie. non series related books) by the same author, for fear that I just won't have the will power to keep my hands off the books that lead to large time sucks.  Granted with an increasing number of large series in my library this is becoming more difficult but-

Normally I'm much more aware conscious cautious (crap! what's the word I'm looking for?).... I just can't quite figure out how I went into the bookstore for a new Janet Chapman book, and walked out with the compendium of Dark-Hunter short stories Dark Bites. Okay I admit, I already had most of the short stories in one place or another, or you know- in like 10 places, but now I've got them all in one easy, snazzy book. And that's good. In fact, that's awesome. 

There's just one problem... I read the entire collections of short stories and now, *sigh* well now you can guess what's happened. 

I've realized how much I want to go back and fall in love with Kyrian and Amanda again. I want to break Talon's curse with Sunshine again. I want to learn Apollite history and culture with Wulf - as long as Cassandra is teaching it. I want to see Zarek and make sure he finds his star, while also making sure that Astrid keeps her blind eyes open.  

I want to witness the wolves, and tigers, and bears finding their mates - and try to maintain some semblance of humanity. I want to fall in love with the man in my dreams and then wake up and fall in love with him again. I want to discover the place I'd always been searching for, and the man that gives me the strength to let the search go. I want to find love in the last place I'd ever have thought to look for it. I want to have vengeance in my grasp, and discover it's not the answer I'd been looking for, nor will it give me the solace I seek. I want to learn the wonders of the worlds and know that I have my soulmate beside me always...

Yes that's right. I have not the will power to stand against the goddess-like powers of Sherrilyn Kenyon and her Dark-Hunters. Or her Dream-Hunters. Or her Were-Hunters. Her Demi-Gods.  All of them. Any of them. I just can't do it. I'm not strong enough. 

So here I go. Off to find Grace, and to watch as she summons her destiny.

Let the great re-read begin!!

No comments: