Thursday, June 11, 2015

Getting to know Author Taylor Dawn - Mini Interview & Contest

It's always a fun experience for me to get the chance to have some of "those" questions answered by the authors that I read and feature on the blog.  You know what questions I'm talking about...
 
Today we're lucky to get some answers from Author Taylor Dawn (also known as C.D. Taylor) and throughout the blitz today for her new novel release SAVING LONDON, I'll be including a few snippets of the interview with her, along with all the other stuff.
 
So here we go... OH! And don't miss your chance to enter the contest that Ms. Taylor is running - contest details and entry info will be at the bottom of this post...

 
An Interview with Taylor Dawn... Part 1
 
What motivated you to start writing?
The main motivation that pushed me to write was my bucket list. The top item on it was to write a book. I wrote one and couldn’t stop writing. I honestly never thought that I’d have the opportunity to present my work to a larger audience than close friends and family. But I am blessed every single day because I get to do what I love and get paid for it.
 
What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
When I’m not writing, I’m most likely thinking about writing. I’m a dreamer. I’m always trying to think up new characters, plots and scenarios for future books.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years
In 10 years, I hope I’m still around. If I am, I see myself still doing what I do, writing. I don’t have to be a huge booming success. As long as I still love and have a passion for what I do, I will be happy.
 
What advice would you give to someone who wants to write?
For someone who wants to write I say this…Start writing. Shut off all fear, and just do it. Don’t write to please others, write what makes you happy. Throw yourself onto the pages and people will feel that when they read your work.

 
 
AUTHOR BIO:
 
C.D. Taylor/Taylor Dawn began writing as an item to check off her bucket list. She resides in the southernmost part of Illinois, right on the mighty Mississippi river. She enjoys the quiet country life with her husband, son and the many farm animals that make up the rest of the family. She. decided that farm life was just a little too mundane, so she started writing erotica and fantasy to liventhings up, so far so good. C.D./Taylor entered cosmetology school right out of High School and practiced the art of hair styling for 12 years.
 
 
When she isn't writing, she can usually be found sitting around a table making people laugh. She has always wanted to be a standup comic. She loves pulling practical jokes, dresses up in a costume every Halloween and believes that dancing is the key to a happy life (even if you aren't a good dancer). She believes that life shouldn't be taken too seriously, we will never get out alive anyway. More than anything, she is a kid at heart, she doesn't believe in bedtimes, eating everything on her plate, or having ice cream only for dessert.
 
Her favorite quote is by Dr. Seuss..."Why fit in, when you were born to stand out."

Author Links:

No comments: