Monday, June 8, 2015

Want an EXCERPT? NEEDING HER - BLITZ

Sometimes you need the sneak peek to know if a story is the one you're looking for...

Here's the first excerpt of the day for you, from NEEDING HER by Allie Everhart!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pearce's POV

We ride the elevator to the top floor, which can only be accessed by a security code. The elevator opens right into my loft apartment, which takes up the entire top floor of the building. 

“Is this your place?” Rachel asks.

“This is it.”

She steps into the living room. “It’s huge. Look at all this space.”

“I’m a big guy. I need a lot of space.”

She walks into the kitchen. “I like the open layout. I like how the kitchen and living room are all one big room.”

The kitchen and living room make up the middle of the loft. Then off to one side, down the hall, there are two bedrooms, one of which I use as an office. On the other end of the loft, just off the kitchen, is the master bedroom. The bedroom door is placed so that I can see the elevator and living room from my bed. I had it built that way so that if someone’s in there, trying to rob me or attack me, I’ll see them coming. I keep a gun in my nightstand just in case.

We’re in the kitchen and I go over to the refrigerated glass case that holds an assortment of beverages. “Would you like something to drink?”

“Just water is fine.”

“I have several kinds of water in here. You have to be more specific. Or just pick one.”

She comes over and takes out a bottle of citrus flavored water. I grab a plain water for myself. I don’t buy any of this. The cleaning staff stocks it for me.

We’re both standing by the counter, holding our waters. I take a sip of mine and she drinks some of hers. Our eyes meet and I feel it again. The tension that’s been hovering between us all night. Pure, raw sexual tension that’s stronger than I’ve ever felt before.

I step closer to her, setting my water on the counter behind her. I take her water and set it next to mine. I shouldn’t do this. Doing this will only move this relationship forward, taking it to a place I said I wouldn’t go. But God, I want it. I want it so bad. I want her, and not just sexually. I want her in my life. I want this to go somewhere. Someplace real. For the first time in my life, I want a real relationship and I want it with her. Maybe it won’t work out, but I at least want to try.

Our bodies are just inches apart, our eyes locked on each other, the sexual tension ready to burst. I don’t know what the hell I’m waiting for.

I haul her into me, my other hand buried in her hair as I crash my lips to hers. I wanted our first time together to be slow and gentle, but we’re way past that point. Slow and gentle will have to wait until later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Need more info about the book?
Was one peek enough to be ready to buy??
 

Purchase:
 
 

No comments: