Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesdays Tunes - Gym Class Hereos


You’ve wondered about the bands name (Gym Class Hereos? Really?), heard the catchy tune, and caught yourself singing along to the lyrics… Stereo Hearts is just one of those songs that when you hear it makes smile and, if you let it, will stick with you throughout your day.  With Adam Levine (of Maroon 5, The Voice and just all around awesome music) this particular song is yet another one that has come to remain almost permanently on my personal playlists.  And if it also happens to be one of the songs that gets cranked up and used for some iCarly like ‘random dancing’ around the house with the kids…. Well that should prove just how cool everyone in my house thinks Stereo Hearts is!


It’s sort of strange but one part of this song (see below) totally makes me think of American Pie by Don Mclean.  I’ve always believed that music, like any art form, is about emotion.  Not just telling what emotion the artist feels when they sing it, or what the songwriter felt when they wrote it, but what the song can make you feel, think about and become part of.  This song, Stereo Hearts, it’s cute buts it strong too because I think without you even realizing it, the song makes you consider who you’d play it for, who would change your mind…

“I only pray you'll never leave me behind (never leave me)
Because good music can be so hard to find (so hard to find)
I take your hand and hold it closer to mine
Thought love was dead, but now you're changing my mind”

No comments: