Monday, June 29, 2015

Can You Fall in Love Again? A REVIEW of Rebounding

Rebounding by Shanna Clayton
Publication date: June 15th 2015
Genres: New Adult, Romance


Synopsis:
Goodbye.

Charlotte Hart will do anything to escape the life she once adored, even if that means moving in with a mysterious guy from her past.

Hello.

When the girl who saved Max Archer’s life shows up on his doorstep, he knows he can’t turn her away.

Neither of them can let go of their pasts. Both of them are living a lie. If they can’t figure out how to rebound, they’re destined to crash and burn.
 


 

AUTHOR BIO:
I'm not sure if my mother predestined me to become a romance author when she named me after her favorite Kathleen Woodiwiss book, but that's what happened. Now I live and breathe all things books. When I'm not glued to my desk writing, I can be found eating too much chocolate, obsessing over Game of Thrones, and cyber stalking my favorite authors. Keep up with me on Facebook and Instagram. I love hearing from readers!

Author links:


THE REVIEW

Charlotte has defined herself, looked at herself, and been looked at in one way nearly all her life. She and her ex were together so long (and with every plan for the future) that they were thought of as one. So what's a girl to do when her heart is broken and she's betrayed by that 'other half'? How does she redefine herself and move on when she's left broken? 

In this case, for Charlotte it's picking up and leaving town. It's leaving the places that went into shaping the "old her" and finding a new place, and a new chance, to discover who she can now become. 

Max lives with just one goal. Okay maybe two. He doesn't want any connections, he's not looking for a relationship and he definitely doesn't want to feel or to care about anyone else. Because he knows, better than most, that when you feel and the more you care, the more you have to lose. 

They met one dark evening when she saved his life. He wants to repay the debt. 

A couple years later when she shows up unexpectedly on his doorstep she's ready to cash in the favour she's owed, and he's helpless to do anything but help her. 

I knew absolutely nothing about this book when I opened it to start reading. Having no expectations, I find, is better than being disappointed when something doesn't live up to the hype...

So I didn't know that I'd be amused by Trevor and Stephanie - Max's cousin and his girlfriend. 

I didn't know my heart would pound in anger and sympathy while Charlotte dealt with her ex, Miles. 

I didn't know my heart would break for Max and the suffering, seemingly unending, that's he's lived with since he was just a boy. 

I didn't know that watching Max and Charlotte come together, seeing them work through the tangles of their own minds and the expectations they've put on their own lives, would make my heart melt. 

And I didn't know that I would cry when they did, or would laugh when they laughed, or that I would love them while they came to love each other. 

When I started reading REBOUNDING by Shanna Clayton I had no worries of being disappointed. However, I also had no idea that I would be amazed. Not every story reaches my heart. Not every romance makes me fall in love. But REBOUNDING has, it does, and I think that if you read it you'll find yourself touched as well. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for reviewing!

Giselle said...

Wonderful review! This sounds like a roller coaster read, too! Glad you liked it! :)

LD Ferris said...

It was honestly and simply my pleasure to read and review this book!

@Shanna it's an amazing story and I look forward to finding and reading more of your work.

@Giselle thanks for stopping by and reading the review! Glad you like it!